shark

Shark Tournament website

There won’t be another Ocean City Shark Tournament.

2014 was its last after 30 years.

There were three couples who organized the event.

And Mark Sampson told the Salisbury Daily Times that “it just felt that it was time.”

Among the struggles has been bad weather resulting in low attendance.

The paper reports that three couples had thought about making some dramatic changes but in the end decided that 2014 would be the last year.

At its peak there were more than 80 boats and it had become a tradition in Ocean City. 

all-free-download.com

Swimming at Cape Henlopen State park has been reopened on Tuesday -- a day after a delay caused by a teenager from Delmar who was reportedly bitten by a white shark yesterday afternoon.

State Officials said they wanted to be sure this was an isolated incident.

Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control officials took 16 year old Andrew Vance to Beebe Medical Center where he was treated for gashes on his left forearm around 5 p.m. yesterday.

all-free-download.com

REHOBOTH BEACH, Del. (AP) - A beachgoer says he helped drag a live, 4  1/2-foot shark into the ocean after it came ashore at Rehoboth Beach.

The News Journal of Wilmington reports that Colby Beaumont used a smartphone to snap pictures of the shark on Friday. State environmental officials looked at the photos and told Beaumont that it looked like a smooth dogfish shark.