Karen Jenkins

News
9:01 am
Tue May 28, 2013

Cashier Suffers Burns at Car Wash

Credit Soft Touch Car Wash logo

SALSIBURY, Md. (AP) - Co-workers say a car wash cashier was severely burned when her dress was ignited by an electrical heater.

It happened Saturday at Soft-Touch Car Wash in Salisbury. Cashier Jennifer Camper tells the Daily Times of Salisbury that Karen Jenkins' dress touched a heat coil and caught fire.

Camper says Jenkins ran in a panic and a co-worker knocked her down and smothered the fire. Another co-worker sprayed Jenkins with a hose.

Jenkins was in critical but stable condition at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center in Baltimore.

Read more