bomb threat

Local News
8:55 am
Tue July 8, 2014

UD Campus Dorm Reopens After Bomb Threat

Dickinson Complex
Credit UD Website

NEWARK, Del. (AP) - The University of Delaware has reopened a dorm at its campus in Newark after authorities found the area clear of any suspicious activity following a bomb threat.

University spokeswoman Andrea Boyle said in an email that police had concluded their search as of 11:30 p.m. and that the halls are open.

Boyle said earlier Monday that the school's 911 center had received an anonymous bomb threat. The school sent out an alert around 8 p.m. saying there had been a report of suspicious activity at the Dickinson Complex and asking people to avoid the area.

Read more
Local News
12:57 pm
Wed July 2, 2014

Seaford Man Arrested in Del Tech Campus Bomb Threat

David Detwiler
Credit Delaware State Police

40-year old David Detwiler from Seaford has been arrested for making a bomb threat at the Delaware Technical and Community college Owens Campus in Georgetown last week.

Police say, they acted on a tip from a probation and parole office.

WBOC reports that he has been previously charged with making bomb threats.

He has been charged with making terrorist threats which is a felony and has been sent to the Sussex Correctional Institute.  

On June 24th Delaware Tech received a bomb threat around 3 p.m. which resulted in the evacuation of the campus.

Read more
Local News
10:13 am
Wed June 18, 2014

Wicomico County District Court House Reopens After Bomb Threat (Update)

Credit all-free-download.com

The Wicomico County District Court is has reopened after a bomb threat forced the evacuation of the Wicomico County District Court this morning.

As of 10:30 a.m.police declared the building is safe.

Emergency officials say that the Baptist Street and neighboring roads had been closed to motorists.

The court bailiff told the Salisbury Daily Times that all court cases set for this morning were canceled.

Read more
Local News
9:51 am
Mon March 31, 2014

Details Emerge About Centre at Salisbury Bomb Scare

Credit Centre at Salisbury logo

More details are emerging from the bomb threat that shutdown the Centre at Salisbury mall on Friday beginning around 10:30 a.m.  

Authorities say the caller who made the bomb threat was a man with a Middle Eastern Accent.

The Salisbury Daily Times reports that police say the cell phone that was used was activated shortly before the threat was received by the Sussex County 911 Center and then immediately turned off.

After an eight hour search police found no evidence of an explosive device.

  

Read more
Local News
11:49 am
Fri March 28, 2014

Bomb Threat Forces Evacuation At Centre at Salisbury Mall

Credit all-free-download.com

Authorities say the Center at Salisbury mall has been evacuated because of a bomb threat.

WBOC reports that Salisbury Police say a command post has been set up in the parking lot of the Gander Mountain store across the street.

Customers were ushered to the parking lot of the Sears automotive center.

Read more
News
9:20 am
Thu February 14, 2013

Bomb Threat at Delaware Hospital

Kent General Hospital
Credit bayhealth.org

There was a bomb threat last night at Kent General Hospital in Delaware.

Radio Station WDEL the switchboard got the phone call around 6 p.m.

The hospital notified the Dover police and fire departments and nearby emergency responders, including state police.

There was a floor to floor search to make sure the patients, visitors, employees and physicians were safe.
 

Read more